I am now a resident of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. I live with 3 other wonderful roomates in a beautiful apartment in town. I work about twenty minutes from my home at a place called Gateway Rehabilitation Center as a full-time evening counselor. It is wonderful and so difficult all at the same time. But one thing I can say is, God is good. :)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Our Friends in Kampala


This is a picture from yesterday at my service project. We go to visit the street boys of Kampala every week, and these are a few of the boys we have really become close to. From left to right: Innocent, Amanda, "chinese"Daniel, Arnold, Me, Ivan, Emily, and Nathan. It has really been such an amazing experience to go and visit with them. We usually just chill and laugh with them and disciple them in the Lord cause some of them recently became Christians. But really, they just love to just have friends to talk to. They find work by buying some fruits from the larger market and selling them from another market, getting about 2000 shillings a day, equal to about $1. I have seen such joy and faith and genuinness from their lives. Daniel asked me to pray for them for two things: The rainy season is hindering the trucks from coming so they can buy fruit to sell. Second, they used to know so well how to cheat and steal, but since they became Christians, they are convicted about that, and have changed. However, it is hard because they are used to making more in a day. If you could pray about those issues, I know they would be so so appreciative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home