I am now a resident of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. I live with 3 other wonderful roomates in a beautiful apartment in town. I work about twenty minutes from my home at a place called Gateway Rehabilitation Center as a full-time evening counselor. It is wonderful and so difficult all at the same time. But one thing I can say is, God is good. :)

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkin Carving!

Hey everyone! This is my first time to ever carve a pumpkin, so I thought I would show you pictures of this fun fall day I had with some of my roomies. The first picture is of me and Christie picking out the "gunk" and pumpkin seeds from our pumpkins.



We separated the seeds and then the second picture is of Melody, my other roomie, putting them on cookie sheets and covering them with oil and salt to make a really good pumpkin seeds snack. Ever had it? Well, this was all a first for me, believe it or not. So, the last picture is the final product of all our carving labors. Christie's is the one on the far left, mine is in the middle, and Melody's is on the right. Christie and I sort of cheated and printed off some ideas off the internet, but it's not like we didn't work at it. If you can't really tell, mine's supposed to be three blind mice. Melody was the more creative one who decided on her own design. Anyways, it was a lot of fun to just hang out on a Saturday afternoon with two of my roomates and do fall things. :)
Aside from this fun stuff, life is going well for me. I've been learning to take work one day at a time. I'm trying not to look too far into the future and worry about what I'll be doing years from now, and I'm also trying not to even look a few days ahead to something else. I find that when I do that, I don't put all my effort into the people and the relationships I feel God wants me to strive toward. It's hard not to get jaded when for the past 4 months I've seen more than a thousand patients come through our facility, several of them more than once.
However, things really hit home this past week when I found out that one of our patients, James B died suddenly, perhaps of overdose, they are not sure. It was just very shocking to hear this, when just a month ago, I had some really great and in-depth conversations with him. He was a really neat guy, but he was just caught by this addiction. He desired so much to come to the Lord and understand what a life following Him looked like, but this addiction kept tripping him up. I wonder whether he is with the Lord right now or not. God has reminded me through that news just how precious each conversation is and each person's situation. I find myself having to check where my motive is, and, if it's just to get through another day, I need to redirect myself. Sure, I don't know whether I'll be in this for years or just a little while longer, but while I'm at Gateway, I'm going to give it my all until the Lord leads me somewhere else. So, that's where I'm at for now. Thanks for listening. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://erylawob.jamminweb.com/uwisot.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

8:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theblogmoney.com

10:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really no matter if someone doesn't know after that its up to other people that they will help, so here it takes place.
My website Newscaller Radio

11:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp low interest loans
credit card debt consolidation

4:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp low rate loans
credit consolidation

12:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly like nearly all males and females, you may
well be one who ask for ways to lose weight fast. Phen375
is yet another weight reduction product that's striking the current market. For that reason what negative effects could Phen375 have.

Also visit my homepage phen375 diet

12:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home